Overview- This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in a career in the A/E/C field. Building Solutions has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. The selected candidate will be assigned a mentor, but will perform tasks for several project managers and members of the leadership team during the course of employment. The work content is varied and of importance to our projects and the company, so will provide valuable experience. Our company is growing and has openings for entry level employees upon graduation.
General Authority- The Project Intern reports to the Project Manager. This position does not supervise others.
• Assisting on energy code compliance reporting, property condition assessments and facility audits
• Population of various databases, file scanning and sorting, and short-distance couriering of documents or other business related items• Collecting equipment inventory data
• Report writing, report formatting and compilation• Photographic documentation of buildings, spaces, and equipment for use in reports and cost estimating• Prepare building and system descriptions for assessment reports
• Assist with tabulating asset repair and renewal forecasts in Excel and database applications• Develop exhibits for reports, using Adobe tools
• Perform other duties as reasonably requested by direct supervisor
• Writing proficiency and desire to develop technical writing skills
• Basic technical knowledge of the major building systems, from work experience or classroom
• Familiarity with reading architectural plans is desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel required; Access, Project and Adobe are desirable
• Verbal communication skills, ability to effectively receive and deliver instructions and information
Experience and Qualifications
• Currently enrolled in High School or College, or recent graduate
• General familiarity with the real estate or construction industries
• Technology user-level proficiency
• Capacity to work for extended periods of time composing narrative and data entry at a computer
• Physically able to climb, lift, carry, walk substantial distances, work in all weather conditions
• Means of transportation to and from our offices; personal vehicle use during the day not required
Submit your resume
Direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
Only applicants being interviewed will be contacted. All replies will be treated with the highest level of discretion. Building Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.